Shooting pain, discomfort, burning, tingling pain under the arm. Anything to worry?

Recently I went to my chiropractor for adjustments, shortly after having a center back adjustment I developed a strange sensation of burning/tingling pain that wrapped around my body from approx.just under shoulder blade around side under my arm to just under my breast. This has had moments of extreme shooting points of pain, then nothing more then a sensitivity when lightly touched. It has been active for about 4 weeks with various levels of pain/discomfort. Any idea what could be causing this.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
You didn't mention what problem made you visit he chiropractor. I'd require some more medica details like occupations, any history of trauma, your age etc. For a definite diagnosis.

Even though from the symptom you described I think it may be a type of nerve root pain, which occurs due to compression of spinal nerves at a level. The chirpracteric manoeuvres can precipitate such a pain if they are not performed correctly.

I'd advise you to consult back to your chiropractor or an Orthopaedic Surgeon. A physical examination can mostly diagnose the problem accurately.

Hope I have clarified some of your concerns. Please get back for further queries.