Shocking feeling from collarbone to neck with intense arm, neck and shoulder pain. History of seizure. What could this be?

What could possibly cause a shocking feeling the goes from the collarbone to the neck on the on the left side?I have had these infrequently for all of my adult life but just had the worse one i have ever had.I went to look to the left and the shock pain traveled in bothdirections down into my shoulder/ chest and up my neck into my head as it usually does and i was unable to for a split second see anything except a bright blue/white light.It only lasted seconds but this time my arm aches horribly as well as my neck & the back of my shoulder.Does this sound like anything you have heard of before & should I be worried?Will these become stronger in intensity.As a teen i injured myself when i fell off the uneven bars in gymnastics, my spotter was distracted & i landed on on the top of my head causing me to have the last childhood seizure i ever had.I have wondered before if that has had anything to do with having these.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
One possibility i would consider is that intermittently the nerves or blood vessels or both may be getting compressed in the cervical spine in a particular head position. This can cause the transient symptoms of the type that you described. History of fall and injury in the past that you had favours this. Another possibility, which is less likely is that these are minor seizures. You chould definitely get evaluated by a neurologist and treatment may be planned after finding the cause.
Good luck.