Shivering in hand prominent. Had suffered disc collapse. Related?

Hi, I am 37 years old woman. for the past one year i have noticed shivering in my right hand .the shivering is not continous but is more prominent when i am holding something.some 4 years back i have suffered disc collapse and was adviced complete bed rest for 1 month and medication . but since then It did not reccur. is the shivering in any way connected to it. Or is it something else?
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I do not think this shivering is related to any disc prolapse. I think it can be either some issue in brain . I would recommend you to show it to a neurologist as these abnormal movements are commonly called tremors and best treated by neurologists.