Shingles near jaw line during recent bronchitis episode. Can it be cured?

early in a recent bronchitis episode, the second night I felt an insertion on lower right cheek. I was very ill. But I remembered to check mirror next day - was surprised to see a purple 1/2 band along jaw line. I finally got to dr. s office who diag. it as shingles . No pain, no itch . He prescribed nothing - said it was drying. On researching, if that s what it is - shingles, what can be done, as there is no cure? I do not want a surprise attack near the eyes, for sure!
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013