Shingles in the mouth, tingles in nose, bad throat, lost weight. How to ease throat?

18months ago I suffered from shingles in the mouth, I am still getting the tingles from it near my nose , but I have also got a bad throat , it is not sore, but the Dr thinks it could be from the shingles, and that being over 70 could have these symptoms for years, and that the throat may never be right again, is this so,as I feel as though I have clear my throat all the time and have to cough . This also occurs during the night which keeps me awake. Is there anything else I can do to ease the throat. I have also lost 18kilos in weight since having the shingles,there is no other reason for me to peel of the weight, and at present no longer need any medication for Diabetes 11. regards Maxine Visser
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013