Shin swollen after injury. Can the swelling be due to fluid?

Hi, I got a kick on my shin at soccer a few weeks back, the top of my shin was swollen (ball of fluid) after some ice the swelling reduced. About 5 days later i started to bruise , its still a bit evident some three weeks later. I also now has some swelling at the side of my shin, could this be fluid. I ve been able to play sports since the kick but i still have some tenderness pain around the shin area. is this anything to be concerned about? thanks Shaun
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012