Shin pain around tibia mostly. Have dent in shin muscles. What now?

hi, yes my names Patricia. Ive been experiencing SERIOUS shin pain , on both legs but mostly on my right leg, on the side of my tibia . it hurts when i run, but sometimes it goes away. today i ran 5 miles. wasn t that bad, but bad enough. then i did a few build up and on the 3rd one , i felt the sharpest pain in my shin..i also have dent in my shin bone/ muscle , that hurts to the touch i don t know what to do, we have SAC coming up on may 1 and i run track.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012