Shin injury, painful, no bruising. Swollen, hard, warm, itching

I smashed my shin about 2 months ago in a car accident, I dont know if the bone broke. I had a lot of pain but no bruising and I could walk on it. 2 weeks later, no pain at all, it was swollen and hot. Now it is still a little swollen and hard and just a little warm but for the last 2 - 2 1/2 weeks its getting very itchy, like poisin ivy itchy. It seems to be spreading just a little every day however, there is no little bumps. It is red but probably because I cant control myself from scratching it some times. It comes and goes thru out the day.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012