Shin injury, nausea, bruise, swollen ankle, purple discolouration. Blood pooling?

I hit my shin in a fall against wood step it caused a pain that was so bad it made me sick to my stomach ...took a while to stand up. I hit my shin about 6 above my ankle, and slid down. My leg, from about 3 below my knee to the part that hit hard is bruised. Today I noticed that my ankle is swollen and black, blue,purple and yellow. Would that be blood pooling? Is there a need to get medical treatment...this happened 6 days ago. Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012