Shin injury, knot, no discoloration, painful if pressed. Serious?

I hit my shin pretty hard about 3 weeks ago and at first i had a bruise but now the bruise is gone and i have a knot that is very noticeable in the spot where i hit it. it doesnt hurt just from touching it only when i bump it on something else.there is no discoloration in the spot. im just wonderingif it could be more serious than i think. is it gunna go away? is there anything that i should be concerned about? What should i do about it?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012