Shin injury. Applied ice. Bruising, swollen ankle, numbness. Will it heal on its own?

I just finished a State cup tournament this weekend for soccer. Myself and another player went for the ball and she ended up kicking my shin with full force. This occured on Saturday and I finished the last of the games on Sunday. It is now Tuesday and I've been icing and elevating. The bruising has now spread throughout my leg and is numb. My ankle has now become swollen as well. I have numbness from the top of my shin all the way to my foot. Do I need to see a doctor for any fractures at all or would it be able to heal on its own? I'm a healthy 30 year old and my friend who works at the hospital informed me that even if it's fractured the dr will just tell me to rest and nothing more.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013