Shin has a bump. Why is it swollen? Why is it itchy?

my son has a swollen red bump on his right shin. he noticed it a few days ago after we returned home from a camping trip, he says it started small and has grown over the last few days. it is now a swollen lump that is light pink with a dark center about a 1/2 inch in diameter, inside the inner circle are small bumps that appear to be fluid filled. He says its very itchy and is tender to the touch. Any idea what it is, I was thinking ring worm but it doesn t have the rings .
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Thanks for choosing HCM.
The symptoms you have given suggest an insect bite in the camp that could possibly be getting inflamed & ? infected. Please give hot wet compresses to the area as often as you can.If there is any pus inside should drain out by this treatment. Apply any soothing creams.
If not better see a doctor.