Shin bone injury, large lump on bone, bruising on leg, numbness. X-ray shows contusion. Treatment?

Hi, I got hit on my shin bone 3 weeks ago. I immediately got a large bump on my shin bone and have severe bruising from my knee to my ankle almost around the circumference of my whole leg. I went to the ER and they said it was a contusion after an x-ray . I was put on crutches and given pain meds. The swelling and the bruising is starting to diminish but the bump is still there and I have no feeling where the bump is? Is this feeling at all.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013