Shifted to lactogen higher dose and started ceralac. Why are stools green, watery and sticky?

My daughter is 6 mnths old. Few days back I shifted her from lactogen 1 to lactogen 2. I am worried. And also started cerelac 1 with her. the day I did this, the next day my daughter started passing green watery sticky stools . But very small in amount like a patch. And twice she passed dark green granule type loose stools. Otherwise she is very active happy. But as a mother I am very worried. and confused. I s my daughter fine?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
You did right thing only.
From 6 months onwards lactogen 2 has to be started if you are giving formula milk to your child.
In addition to lactogen-2, from 6 months onwards you can give infant semisolid food like home made or commercially available like stage-1 cerelac.
Don't worry regarding the green stool color as the color variation is normal in infants.
As the child is happy and active, there is no need to be panic.
But any new food is to be introduced in small quantity and to be increased gradually over 1 week to 10 days and only one food to be introduced at a time.
Hope I have answered your query.