She discharge a blood clot, please suggest her

I want to ask about vaginal bleeding my sister is 3 months preganant, morning when she went to the bathroom, she discharge a blood clot
Asked On : Fri, 12 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Any bleeding per vagina during pregnancy after the 3rd month can be a sign of miscarriage.. See a doctor for an examination...

General & Family Physician Dr. Manju M's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Since your sister is pregnant lady there is a chance that she had an abortion. Ask her any other symptoms of abortion like abdominal pain.

She needs ultrasound scan to know whether she had abortion or not if so it is complete abortion or incomplete abortion.

Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Hi Sweta!
welcome to bleeding in pregnancy can be from threatened abortion,low lying placenta,infection of vagina/cervix,cervical polyps and rarely associated malignancies.Please take a ultrasound scan as early as possible to know the cause and also assess viability.