Shaving cream accidently went inside genital area. Vagina painful, numb, sore after sex. Diagnosed candidiasis

Hi docter, I somehow got shaving cream inside my genital area and only realise that the cream got inside five minutes later, in order to limit the soreness I decided to soke my vagina in table salt which helped a bit, two days later my boyfriend and I had protected rough sex and my genital area started getting sore and itchy, this got to a point where my vagina was numb and painful so I used apple cider vinegar which made the labia minora dry and more itchy, so I tried plain yogurt which helped a bit but the itching continied and at the en I used castor oil and in made me release huge lumps of blood , so I decided to go to the clinic but the nurse didn t examine me an all, when I told her I suspect yeast she said they don t have yeast medication then gave me fixime instead. Went to a chemist and they gave me biobalance which only helped for a while and made the itching worse a few days after so I went back to frozen yogurt which only gave me rush.... Last resort was consulting a doctor who checked my vagina and said its candidisis, could the shaving cream be the source of all this. The doctor didn t do any test, she just looked at my vagina and said I have no std sign.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012

May be the shaving cream caused initial vaginal mucosal irritation. Such inflamed mucosa are prone for infections.

Many times tests are not needed to diagnose this, doctor can very well diagnose this by doing just clinical examination.

Regards.