Sharp upper back pain, near shoulder blades, pain on coughing, taking deep breaths, sneezing. Treatment?

A couple days ago my upper back started hurting. It felt almost like a back spasm . We have been on vacation so I attributed it to bad matresses. We have since returned but the pain has worsened and is primarily on the right side around my lower shoulder blade. Pain is sharp when I cough , take deep breathes, and sneezing brings me to my knees. Any ideas? I have a chiropactor appointment today.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012