Sharp stabbing pains in the chest, high blood pressure, not able to sleep. What is the reason?

Hi I am sitting here now because I could not get to sleep due to pains in my chest they are not continuous just like sharp stabbing pains now and then. I decided to get up in the hope of relaxing a bit but I took several readings of my blood pressure which seem higher than they normally are. my current readings are varying between 144/78 and 150/85 my pulse rate is between 51 and 58. I suffered a thumping pain in the chest a few days ago and have not really felt right since the pain was just one sudden thump like I had been hit in the chest with a sledge hammer. I have not had it again but I keep getting little spiky pains (not all the time) any ideas.
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012