Sharp stabbing pain in ribs, discomfort, occurring frequently throughout the day. Treatment?

Hello. I m 19 female 200 pounds. I have been having a very uncomfortable feeling in my ribs like it s not painful they feel weak and every once in a while their will be a really sharp stabbing pain that on a scale from 1 to 10 is about a 9. I don t know what this could be or if it is anything at all. I have had the sharp stabbing pain a few times before but it has never been close together like months in between and now it s happening like four or five times a day. The pain is just getting worse as the days go on.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013