Sharp stabbing pain in abdomen. Appendix surgery, C-section done. Treatment?

Hello, im a 25 year old female. i have had two abdominal surgerys, one when i was 8 which was a apendix, and one 3 years ago when i had my son...a c-section...well today i was sitting at my computer when i got this tight stabbing pain that started in the upper abdomen which spred to all my abdomen..this all happened within a 5 min period....why am i hurting so bad?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Hello. Welcome to hcm.
Previous surgeries are safe as they have been done atleast 3yrs back. So pain now has nothing to do with those surgeries.
Sharp pain abdomen can be due to various causes from obstruction to infection. It has to be diagnosed after examination and tests.
i advice you to visit your physician who will take a detailed history and will order tests after examination and then treat you accordingly.
All the best