Sharp stabbing pain below the ribs, shoulder and neck. On medication for blood pressure. Need a solution

I got up from the couch and got a sharp stabbing pain on my left side under the lower part of my ribs. Laying on my right side makes it worse as does deep breathing and certain movements. I ve had it before and it lasted only 20 minutes. This came on last night and although doesn t hurt as much is still as intense if I move the wrong way. I am 39, non-smoker, non-drinker and exercise regularly. I have high blood pressure but under control with atenelol and losartin. No other significant health issues. Blood work done recently and everything in normal limits. Thinking it s gas in the large intenstines or air bubble between rib and lung? When pain is at it s worse, it causes additional pain to large muscle between shoulder and base of neck. What is this and how do I stop it. I have gas pills and or diazepam on hand. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013