Sharp shooting pain from lower left chest area down to stomach for the past 3 years

sharp shooting pain from lower left chest area down to stomach sometimes, (usually a few times a day) i get this sharp shooting pain that lasts 1-2 seconds in my chest, the pain is in a line from my chest to my stomach area, also sometime from left mid stomach to right mid stomach, im only a teenager so what could happen to young people, this has been happening for about 3 years i think. i seen stuff about left chest area but i never get this in left chest area, so what could this possibly be?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Aug 2011