Sharp rectal pains on sneezing or coughing, returns after bowel movements, no pain during bowel movements, history of external hemorrhoids. What could this be?

Hey doctors. I have a sharp, knife-like pain in my rectal, whenever I cough or sneeze . This pain strikes again whenever I step off of a stool or sidewalk. Everyone says that it s just hemorrhoids . Hopefully that is true but I ve experienced external hemorrhoids before and they were not this painful. During my bowel movements I feel no pain but afterwards, the sharp pain returns. Could you please help with find an understanding of this problem?
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012