Sharp pains in the toes when exposed to cold, swelling in the foot and ankle. Advice?

Hi there; It would be very helpful if you can give me clue on why I have sharp shooting pains in two toes, especially when they get the slightest cool. I have to keep shoes or slippers on at all times. These toes were jammed about six years ago and x-rays don t show anything. I have been having pain all this time especially with tighter fitting shoes, my whole foot is swollen up the the ankle bone Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
The swelling of the foot upto the ankle with pain in two toes can be related to an inflammatory cause or a nerve related injury. Doing a nerve conduction study will help in proper diagnosis.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal