Sharp pains in the rectum after periods. What is causing this?

Hi, I am 21 years old, female, and for a long while maybe 3 years or so I have been getting these very sharp pains deep in my rectum and they are very intense and make me jump up. They used to get worse during my periods, but over the last few months, the pains have not gone away after my menstral cycle, I have had them at least every day for the past month. When I cough , or sit down they are very sharp, sometimes i go hours without any pain, then bam! it hits me when I try to sit or run. I dont know what is causing this, and there is no way I can reach the pain to apply any type of cream or whatever, it is far too deep. thank you in advance for any thing you can tell me about this pain. i would really like to figure it out.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013