Sharp pains coming from my rectal area. my sitting becomes very uncomfortable and sometimes unbearable

When having a bowel movement I have really sharp pains coming from my rectal area. It feels like skin breaking when I push I m not straining just letting it flow. about 45 mins after bowel movement my sitting becomes very uncomfortable and sometimes unbearable I was told it was hemorrhoids from an ER doctor and was prescribed meds but they haven t worked and I used them faithfully for about 2 months(it reduced the pain just a little) and I m still in pain
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jan 2010