Sharp pain while bending, hurts only when standing, feeling like am about to fall. What could this be?

a week ago, I bent to pick something off the floor.... i had a sharp pain while bending. But it doesnt hurt when i bend it.... it only hurts when i stand. I have walked with no problem, i have walked up & down the stairs with no problem... but when i hurts & goes out, making me feel like i am about to fall.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It looks to me that you have developed acute back muscle spasm. I would suggest you to take x ray of the spine which will confirm the diagnosis. I would recommend you following treatment.
1. Tablet Myospaz or Myoril tablet
2. Voletran gel local appication
3. Brufen tablet for pain relief water fomentation
5 . Avoid bending forward and lifting heavy weight