Sharp pain on left side, sudden discharge of blob of blood. What could be the reason?

i had what i thought to be a period . i had discharge that was orange and then in the middle of the night i felt a sharp pain on my left side and when i woke up my pants were soaked but it looked like watery blood, all of a sudden a blob of blood the size of a lemon and it had tissue , when i sat down at the toilet i noticed the blob came out and my tampon was still inside me
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern this could be retained blood and nothing to worry about this is normal thing some time it does happens hope this information helps you, have a nice day.