Sharp pain on left side of lower rib cage. Ibuprofen useless. Suggestions ?

Hi Dr. Koregol, I was boating a few weeks ago and fell when riding a kneeboard and crashed into the water! Im a 27 year old male. I have had a sharp pain on my left side on lower rib cage. It hurts real bad when i hiccup or sneeze and cough , but it doesnt hurt as bad to breath deep! I cant lay on that side of my body when trying to sleep because of the sharp pain! Just wondering what could be wrong! Anytime i pick weight up it bothers it as well! My doctor has had me on 800mg Ibprofen but the pain is still there! Any Help would be appreciated Thanks Ed
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012