Sharp pain in the ribs while coughing. Pain in the shoulder and chest. What is the reason?

for almost a month i have had a sharp pain on right side of ribs. it is very painful to cough . i cant lift my right arm all the way up. it started out under my right breast and moved all the way to my back. it feels like someone is stabbing me when i cough. what is it? i dont have funds to pay you with a debit or credit card. what happens now
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Did you have any injury ? if yes then u need to go and get an X-ray taken, it could be an injury to the ribs.

If no then let us know if you have any fever, as the next possible reason for chest pain and cough would be a chest infection like Pneumonia. However, this would not interfere in the movements of your arm, as u have mentionedand unlikely to be present for a m onth without worsenning !!

So the best option for u would be to tie a band around your chest and give some hot water fomentation and take Tab Diclofenac 50 mgm 8 hourly with Tab Omez 20 mgm 1 tab at night. for a day and if there is relief should consider an X-ray.