Sharp pain in the lower abdomen after mirena insertion. Not able to locate the strings. Ultrasound report showing normally placed mirena

I have had Mirena insterted for 4 years now and I just bent over at work and got a sharp pain in my lower abdomen . When I went to stand back up it hurt even worse. When I pushed on my abdomen the pain was excruciating. It s coming and going now with different movements so it s not constant. I was in the dr a few months ago and they noticed that they couldn t locate my strings. After an ultrasound they did say it was in the right position but they never were able to locate my strings. Is this something to worry about?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012