Sharp pain in the head above the eye. Discomfort on the face and neck. Reason?

Sunday at 7am was the first time i experienced this, sharp electrical shck feeling in my head directly above my eye. it started at about 7am and went on and off for about 5 minutes. then last night at 12:45am it was so bad that it caused me to wake up and it lasted on and off for about 45 minutes. so far today there has not been anything further, however, i have been left feeling a little fuzzy in and arround the left side of my face and neck . (any thoughts as to what might have caused this)?
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013