Sharp pain in stomach, gagging, small amount of stools. Stomach flu. Help?

Hi. I work at a retirement facility and we are in outbreak with a stomach flu . I ve had sharp pains in my stomach, gagged (but not vomited or dry heaved, althought it felt like I was going to) and only been able to pass a tiny bit of stool , which was very watery, and had a minor fever of 37- all consistent over the past few days. I feel like I really need to poop, but can t! Will a laxative be my friend or foe in this situation?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013