Sharp pain in right hand, fingers, arm numbness, shooting pain in left arm. Causes for symptoms?

evening, I have been having sharp pains in my right hand, all fingers that awakens me thru the night, the only releif I have found is to dangle my arm over the side of the bed, this stops it from stabbing only, still aches... both hands frequently fall asleep, and sporadic shooting pains in left hand as well. The right hand tho was only the pinky and ring finger until a week ago, now its all fingers and thumb .
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012