Sharp pain in muscle above stomach, heartburn, tarlike small stripes while coughing, hot cold flashes. History of smoking. Suggestions? 27 male,smoker,good shape good lungs for a smoker lol....i rarely get sick but i drink coffee or cut back....heres my question as the day went on..stomach started hurtin and felt acid building up in throat and vomiting.burns really bad...started having hiccups...then they stopped and started burping and gag a little the evening night went by got worse...vomiting sharp stomach pains burning in throat down to chest pains....started burping made myself gag and not sure if a muscle above stomach...,but knot size of a fist pushed out very sharp pain for several secs ...occurs when coughing or vomitting but that knot will stay that way for a sec but its extremely painful....plzzzz help...cant sleep....tried water..helped but what can i take to soothe heartburn i guess....but its all this in my chest would this give me heartburn as well??is that knot bad or is it something thats torn or inflamed because im coughing hard...aslo coughing up clear but tarlike strips real cold flashes havent had fever at all....whats ur suggestions doc plz help...asap ty for any tips or guidance
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
U have gastritis . It seems that ur a coffee lover.. It happens with many coffee addicts...
U need to replenish ur gut bacteria by consuming lot of curds and milk in ur meals or breakfast.. Take a omez insta sachet and keep in ur purse or at home... When ever u have symptoms u can put the contents of sachet in water and consume vl give u instant relief. Cut down ur coffee intake...curds and milk preferrably cold one( boiled and cooled ) need to be incorporated into ur diet avoid symptoms..
General & Family Physician Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 's  Response
Sep 2013
Hi, Thanks for the query to H.C.M.C.
Spiced food
Above mentioned causes are sufficient to produce esophagitis ( gastritis or hyper acidity) , you can call it as heart burn and symptom begins from mouth to stomach as nausea, vomiting, sore mouth,chest pain ( because esophagus is in the chest), excessive burping, bloating, knot formation ( seems to something stuck during water drinking).
Perhaps you would have understand your problem and disease.
Each and every tests will come out normal or within normal limit.
If you want to get rid off this disease pl avoid all causes which are responsible for your condition.
Consult a physician and have a treatment but precaution is the best treatment.
Good luck. Dr. HET.
General & Family Physician Dr. Harvey's  Response
Do you drink too?U seem to have gastroesophageal reflux disease,may be theres a tear in the wall of the esophago-gastric junction due to retching which caused you sharp severe pain(Mallory-Weiss syndrome)..Smoking,cofee all irritate/increases acidity in the stomach toomuch,so better go for green tea.Get an abdominal xray, also endoscopy to find out the cause.