Sharp pain in lower stomach and cramps, have irregular periods. Cause for pain?

I am having some very bad cramps . it is a sharp pain in my lower stomach and, every few minutes the pain increases. i thought it might be cramps but for the past 15 min it has been a very sharp pain. It doesn t really feel like cramps, so i am not to sure what it might can be. I have not had my period this month but they are so irregular. I am a little scared. There is more pain when i sit and when i first stand up, but when i sit the pain is from my lower stomach and shoots to my rectum area. please any tought about what it might be. Or am i crazy?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013