Sharp pain in lower back on right side. History of kidney infection. Causes for pain?

Hi my name is XXXXX. I am experiencing sharp pains in my lower back on the right side. It started in the middle of the night last night and the pain began in the front right side. It has now spread to the back. I have had a kidney infection once before and am experiencing similar sympotoms. Except for it did not hurt the in the front like it is now. I do not have health insuresnce so I am trying to avoid going to the hospital but I also dont want to make things worse by not going. I was wondering if u have an ideas as to what this may be and what I should do?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012