Sharp pain in left temple, turning into a migraine, imbalance, dizziness. Medical attention required?

Over a week ago I had a very sharp pain in my left temple. Later that evening it turned in to a migraine . I get those once every couple of months. This time it was different than usual. I felt off balance and dizzy. And I have has a headache , mostly pressure in my left temple, since the migraine. Sometimes I literally have to stop and hold ice to my head. This has never happened before and it won t go away. Should I keep trying to ignore it or do you suggest I get it checked out. I hate going to a doctor if its nothing serious.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013