Sharp pain in left, middle chest, pain while pressed on left breast. What is this pain?

26 yr old female 5 6 245 lbs, I saw a cardiologist and she said that my symptoms are probably not heart related due to family history, it s probably muscle. I get shap pains in my chest mostly on left side or middle, very sharp and fast, she pressed on one spot above my left breast and it felt like when you press on a bruise . She asked if it hurt and I said yes, and that was all. Why would she press there and what does it mean since it really hurt when she pressed there?
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012