Sharp pain in chest when sneezing. Hard to breath and tightness. Reason for pain?

Hey there. My boyfriend is a 19 year old perfetcly healthy. Hes 250 pounds and 5ft 8. For a while now he has been getting a sharp pain in his chest when he sneezes (he describes it as a sledge hammer hitting his chest). He also feels like he s being stabbed in the chest when he works out sometimes and also when sitting down watching tv his chest sometimes gets tight and finds it a little hard to breathe. He refuses to see a doctor as he believes its nothing however I am increasingly concerned. Any ideas what it could be? Thanks Hazel
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012