Sharp pain in chest. Taken heartburn relief. Could it be a symptom of heart attack?

as from 3 days now I have been having severe pains, at first it comes every second, it stopped me from sleeping. during the first and second night my children helped to massage me, I had perperment tea that help a little, yesterday I went to Booth the chemist, was given heartburn relief which has help a lot plus the perperment tea. but this morning I woke up with another sharp pain thinking if it might be heart attack , please advice me what to do.
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012

Thanks for asking.

Chest pain is a serious condition which needs to be properly investigated.

Various causes of the chest pain are:

angina- cardiac cause
gastroesophageal reflux
esophageal spasm

Please get yourself investigated rather than taking medication from the chemist.