Sharp pain in ankles, legs. Wearing a knee brace. X-ray shows extra growth plate. Analysis of X-ray?

Took my daughter, age 9, to the urgent care last night due to complaint of sharp needle pain shooting up her ankle and leg whenever she applies pressure. She plays on a travel soccer team so she practices hard for about 5 hours a week. The doctor said the xrays showed either an extra growth plate or a growth plate space - was unable to understand him. She also has been wearing a knee brace for over year due to frequent complaints about it hurting. We have been unable to find a doctor that seems to want to refer her to someone else. What would be your suggestion?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012