Sharp pain in ankle. Why did it happen after sports? What is wrong?

I was playing basketball and i made a sudden stop. However, i felt a weird pressure on my ankle and felt a sharp pain. I was aboe to move and i definitely did not twist or sprain my ankle. Now, when i put pressure on my ankle i feel the sharp pain. Location of my pain is when you lift your toes up, the skin part that folds in. Also, when i point my toes down, i feel pain pain behind my foot , acl? I still played tennis after backet all but felt some bothersome pain and just could not move around the court to my full extent. I still play sports but this pain is holding me back.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012