Sharp pain at the mid of back of deep breathing, occasional difficulty in swallowing food, food gets struck in throat. How can I overcome this?

At times I am finding it difficult to take a deep breath and find myself needing to yawn to try and fill my lungs but I am unable. I feel a sharp pain in the mid right of my back when I attempt to breath deeply. For about 2 years now, at various times I have been unable to swallow food with it getting stuck in the upper parts of my throat and I usually need to bring part of it back up or at times I am able to swallow after a significant amount of time (10min - 1 hour). I feel very distressed with the inability to breath deeply and the episodes of being unable to swallow food.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012