Sharp pain and anal discomfort, strong during bowel movement, sitting on couch dulls pain. What's the problem ?

Hi. This is an awkward question but I am just going to jump right in. For the past couple of days I have been having rectal/anal discomfort and it has grown to a very sharp pain. It occurs very strongly when I have a bowel movement to the point where I am in tears but it also continues when I am not using the bathroom. Sitting on a chair/couch for long periods of time sometimes dulls the pain. What could be the issue?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012