Sharp, numbing pain in chest and back, can feel it when moving arms. Causes?

I have been experiencing a sharp, numbing pain in my chest plate, I can feel it when I move my arms and when I take a deep breath, I also feel it in my back. It almost feels like my chest bone is dislocated. The pain is mid chest and I can see where it may be swollen and the bones feel like they are rubbing when I move. I haven t run into anything recently. I wondered could sleeping on my side or on a not so comfortable bed be causing this pain? Or something else? Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013