Sharp needle like pain in lower abdominal area lasting for 10 minutes. Causes ?

Hi, my name is AAAA, female. I ve been suffering from sharp needles like pain in my lower abdominal area. It comes and goes lasting normally about 10 minutes. However, lately it s been lasting longer (e.g 12hrs or so) and in occasion I can feel it in my back. It prevents me from moving, stretching and laying down normally. I find myself having to sleep sideways in a fetus like position to ease the pain. I am not pregnant nor am I on my period. Can u help me please??
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012