Sharp lower back pain. Tried icing it, extremely sensitive to cold. Cure for pain?

Hi, last night while laying in bed i experienced a very sharp sudden pain at the very top of my buttocks/base of the spine . The resulting ache has now lasted 11 hours and is incredibly sensitive to cold (i tried placing ice on it to soothe the aching) and touch. When exposed to either of these a similar sharp stab-like pain occurs over the ache. I have not fallen recently and shower regularly. I would very much appreciate your help in this as my working hours are not GP-doctor friendly times.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013