Sharp chest pain below ribs, worsens on deep breathing. Had severe cold and flu in the past. Cause?

In February I had a pretty bad cold and flu with a lot of coughing. It got better and then worse again over time. I still have a cough, but very minute phlegm. Over the last several weeks, I have experienced sharp pain in my right chest; it started right below my ribs. It seemed to be worse during the mornings and evenings. Last evening I developed very sharp pain in my right chest, which only got worse with deep breathing and I could not lay flat or on my side at all without constant severe pain. The pain does seem to have moved up in the chest, if you will, over these last several weeks. It seems okay today when I am sitting upright, but still deep breathing causes pain.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013