Sharp arm pain, tenderness in armpits, feel a skinny piece of thread on extending arm for stretching, sharp pains in upper arm after exercise. Treatment?

I did some work out exercises a few days ago and felt fine -- I was trying to start a routine. However, due to my schedule I had to stop but my right arm started to hurt yesterday -- short, sharp pain. Under my armpit it was a little tender. Now when I feel my armpit and extend it slightly, one of my veins (I think) sticks out ... it feels like a skinny piece of thread -- when I extend my arm out totally to stretch it out ... I get the sharp pain in my upper arm. Did I pull something working out? or should I get this looked at? Treatment?
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012